Your Thoughts Thursday: Vegan And Dating
Love is a funny thing. Some would even say you can’t chose love, it chooses you. We tend to list our preferences in a mate without hesitation, only to end up with someone who doesn’t even begin to fit the dream description. So while it may be ideal to nest with another vegan, perhaps someone who isn’t vegan has come your way and claimed your heart. Being old and tied down to a vegan myself, I may not have thought of this topic myself so thank you to VegMuffinMan of Health Freaxs Unite for suggesting it. He specifically wanted to know your advice, as a vegan, for dating a nonvegan. So I’ll ask just that. Vegans, what’s your advice for dating a nonvegan?
- If you are dating or have dated someone who wasn’t vegan, did your beliefs get in the way?
- Do/did you still prepare meals and eat together?
- Does/did their use of animal products bother you?
- Do/did conversations about veganism lead to arguments?
- If you’re not dating a nonvegan, would you?
- Do you think a difference in beliefs would be difficult?
- Would you expect them to accommodate your beliefs with vegan dining, vegan gifts, vegan-friendly entertainment?