Your Thoughts Thursday: Help New Vegans
Most of us weren’t raised vegan. For the majority, there was a definite transition period from “mainstream” to vegan. During this time, a lot of us relied solely on pre-made packaged vegan products, trying them all to find the good, the bad, and the inedible. We discovered vegan shampoos, household products, clothing, and that our new vegan lifestyles didn’t actually mean a life without fabulous footwear. And then we discovered a few amazing vegan cookbooks and blogs, helping us to become gourmet vegan chefs in our own kitchens. Today, I’m asking you to share your tried-and-true vegan wisdom with our new vegan friends. Let’s call it a vegan starter kit in word form. Take a few minutes to help those who want to go vegan, but are a little confused where to start, or those who are newly vegan and could use a little guidance. We’ve all been there!
- What are your favorite packaged vegan food products?
- Which products do you wish you’d known to save your money on?
- What websites, stores, and brands would you recommend?
- Must-have beginner vegan cookbooks?
- Most helpful blogs?
- What things have hidden animal-products that are easy for new vegans to miss?
- What advice would you give them on facing “the vegan interrogation” from family, friends, and complete strangers with confidence?
- Feel free to share whatever you wish someone would have shared with you!