TofuXpress And Vegan Seasoned Tofu
**Giveaway Closed** Congrats to Laura, who commented about her buffalo tofu cravings. Expect an email from me looking for a shipping address!
Keeping up with the birthday festivities, I have another awesome giveaway for you! Now, I have no idea how you go about pressing tofu, but I always seem to make it complicated. My method of choice has always been wrapping it and then balancing bowls on top of it, changing the wrappings every 20 minutes or so. I even once had an episode of pure genius when I balanced 3 nested glass bowls on top of a tofu block and left the room only to here a crash behind me. Yeah, it was a real facepalm moment. When I saw the ad for the TofuXpress quite some time ago, I knew I needed one. I rushed to their website, only to find they were temporarily sold out. I’d gotten over the initial disappointment and forgotten all about my desired press until I read Averie’s review. I was looking to arrange a few birthday giveaways for you guys and to my delight, they not only wanted to give one to a reader, but sent me one to review as well!
When the box arrived, the first thing I did was run to the refrigerator and grab a package of tofu. I hadn’t even opened the thing yet, but I was ready. I expected to have to put something together, but it was all ready to go out of the box. Glancing at the manual, I ripped open the tofu and dropped it in to press. A little water came out immediately, but it didn’t instapress, so I flipped open the booklet to see what was up. “Ohhh, I have to wait an hour minimum.” I had just about that until I needed to start dinner, so I stuck it in the fridge to press. Much better. With just the minimum amount of pressing time, my tofu was already well-drained. And it sure beats breaking glass bowls! I’m going to try pressing overnight next for firmer results; I’ll get back to you on that one. The press also comes with a marinating tray for, well, marinating. I’ll give that a try and let you know as well, I just wanted to get this birthday giveaway going!
I’m so excited over the tofu press. If I dropped this one and broke it tonight (because I’m that graceful), I’d honestly buy a new one in a heartbeat. This thing is going to save me so much hassle. The pictured tofu ended up as a delicious seasoned tofu for taco night, but I’ll get to it in another food-packed post. Let’s get to that giveaway!
TofuXpress will be sending one lucky tree-eater a fabulous tofu press. The winner will be chosen at random. To enter, comment below telling me your favorite way to prepare tofu. Anyone can enter as long as there’s no legal reason you can’t have a tofu press. If your country forbids tofu presses, then I’m sorry, there’s just nothing I can do. Additional entries are below- do as many as you want:
- Follow me on Twitter (or if you already do), and leave a comment below saying you did with your @Twitter name.
- Follow TofuXpress on Twitter and leave a comment below saying you did.
- Tweet “Enter to win a @TofuXpress tofu press @IEatTrees – http://tinyurl.com/259nwsv ” and leave a comment to tell me you tweeted.
- “Like” I Eat Trees on Facebook (or if you already did), and leave a comment below telling me you did.
- “Like” TofuXpress on Facebook, and leave a comment below telling me you did.
- Subscribe to I Eat Tree’s feed on your Google Reader (or if you already do), and leave a comment saying you did.
- Enter the Primal Strips giveaway before noon EST on July 16, 2010 and leave a comment to let me know you did.
- Blog about this giveaway and leave 5 comments to really let me know.
Winners will be drawn on Saturday, July 17th 2010, so enter by noon EST on Saturday. Good luck!