The Versatile Blogger Award And Vegan Funnel Cake
Yes, vegan funnel cakes! Saturday night I made a test recipe from Hearty Vegan for funnel cakes! I haven’t had one of these since Disney World, and let’s just say that was a long time ago. You won’t believe it, but in a mere 10 minutes we went from being funnel cakeless to chowing down on this fair-food classic. Because I have a lot of whole wheat pastry flour on my hands, I tried a whole wheat version as well. And yes, I know that doesn’t make them even remotely healthy.
Here’s what funnel cake looks like when you think you’re going to just sprinkle a little powdered sugar from the bag, but it dumps. I know we’ve all done that with some ingredient or another!
Last week, I was so excited to receive a Versatile Blogger Award from Celine at Have Cake, Will Travel. I didn’t even know what a Versatile Blogger Award was, but I was still honored! The rules are:
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Give this award out to 15 other bloggers that you think are fabulous, interesting and deserving.
- Contact each of the bloggers you chose.
So first of all, thank you so much, Celine! It means so much to me that you thought to pass it on to me. I love your blog and, of course, your cookbooks!
Seven Things About Me:
- I’m an only child, and I love it. I was never one of those only children begging for a sibling.
- I have a lot of organizational quirks. If I can’t do something right, I don’t want to do it at all, and I have to work from beginning to end. I’m also slow to use a new “toy” or gadget until I know how to use it properly.
- I rarely save things for sentimental value. I don’t like clutter and if I don’t want it anymore, I don’t want it in my house.
- It makes me physically ill when people near me bite the food off their forks. Just thinking about the sound of teeth on metal is going to make me hurl a little.
- I had a childhood obsession with penguins. If it had a penguin on it, I had to own it. I still sleep with the little stuffed penguin my grandma gave me when I was 5, but most of the rest of it has been given away or sold in garage sales.
- Being around rude or angry people makes me extremely anxious. I feel like they could “go off” at any moment. I’m also extremely uncomfortable when people quarrel in front of me.
- I’ve had knee surgery and have one wicked scar, plus two metal screws in my shin. Unfortunately, they hurt every day, but I just try not to think about it.
Okay, now to pass on the blogger love. I won’t cop out and say just check out my blogroll, but just know I have way too many blog friends and inspirations to list only fifteen! Plus, I know some have already received the award from others… I present the Versatile Blogger Award to:
- Runs On Green
- The Domestic Vegan
- Love Veggies And Yoga
- Bitt of Raw
- Earth Muffin
- Healthy. Happy. Life.
- Ginger Is The New Pink
- Amanda’s Domestic Adventures
- Opera Singer In The Kitchen
- Happy Herbivore
- Celery In The City
- JL Goes Vegan
- Cook. Vegan. Lover.
- Everything Is Homemade
- Sporks Or Chopsticks
- Vegmom Moments
- Vegan Salt
- Chocolate-Covered Katie
- Vegan Meow Mix
- Whoring Out My Life
Boy, I sure hope you’re not much into counting…