Funky Monkey Vegan Snack Tasting
**Giveaway Closed** Congratulations to randomly selected winner, Laura Jill. Expect an email from me looking for a shipping address!
Now that’s just fun to say, isn’t it? The good people over at Funky Monkey Snacks want to give one lucky tree-eater a chance to try all seven of their delicious, fun, munchie flavors! These vegan snacks have no added junk (colors, flavors, sugars, or preservatives), making them an especially great snack for the little ones.
Since Funky Monkey also sent me one of each flavor to try, I’ve managed to wrestle a bite of each away from the little man to taste. He’s not all about sharing these goodies though… You pretty much have to distract him with monkey sounds.
Bananamon– Cinnamon-y freeze-dried banana chips. Simple and delicious!
Purple Funk – Acai-crusted freeze-dried banana. Banana with a slightly tangy berry pop of flavor. The only flavor we’d tried before; the little man had the bag about devoured before we even made it all the way from the Whole Foods checkout to the car!
Carnaval Mix – A mix of freeze-dried banana, pineapple, apple, and papaya. Very refreshing and tropical- as if you’re sitting on a freeze-dried tropical island!
JiveALime – Freeze-dried pineapple with a sour lime juice kick! This one made the little man do his pucker face, but he quickly unpuckered and reached for more.
MangoOJ – Freeze-dried mangos and OJ. This one tasty very “juicy”, despite being completely dry. I think this one might be my favorite. It’s definitely top three!
Applemon – Just freeze-dried apples and cinnamon. Another simple but delicious one. This was the little man’s least favorite, but only because he loves fresh apples so much. We don’t mind eating this one for him though!
Pink Pineapple – Freeze-dried pineapple and guava. I’m going to say it’s between this one and the MangoOJ for my favorites. The little man really like this one too! It’s a unique flavor to me; I don’t have a lot of guava in my life.
If you’d like to try all the flavors for yourself without spending a dime, here’s how to enter for your chance. Do as many of the entries as you want. Be sure to leave a separate comment for each of your entries.
- Comment telling me which Funky Monkey flavor sounds the tastiest to you.
- Follow @FunkyMonkeySnck on Twitter (or if you already do) and leave a comment letting me know you did.
- Follow @IEatTrees on Twitter (or if you already do) and leave a comment to tell me.
- Follow @Veganed on Twitter (or if you already do) and, yep, you guessed it, leave a comment here saying you did.
- Tweet “Enter to win @FunkyMonkeySnck goodies @IEatTrees – http://tinyurl.com/26ca4mq #vegan”
- “Like” I Eat Trees on Facebook (or if you already do) and tell me in a comment.
- Subscribe to my RSS feed in GoogleReader (or other RSS service) and leave a comment below telling me.
- Tell me about your favorite childhood snack.
- Include a link to this giveaway in your blog post and leave 5 comments so I really know you did.
A winner will be randomly selected on Friday, July 23, 2010 so be sure to get all your entries in before noon EST on Friday.