A Vegan With A Bread Machine: Sun Dried Tomato Herb Bread
I bought a package of organic sun dried tomatoes on my last trip to Whole Foods because they were in one of those end cap extras type displays that I always end up falling for even though I have no real ingredient plans for the item. I remembered them yesterday when I was about to make bread, thinking how delicious a sun dried tomato bread would be dipped in olive oil or a marinara sauce. Okay, that wasn’t really a very exciting story, but this vegan bread is delicious!
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
Add ingredients to bread machine in above order. Set to basic, 1.5 lb., normal. Enjoy!